[Samba] Problem with SAMBA

Paul Espinosa pespinosa at sunflowerbroadband.com
Wed Jun 16 16:17:24 GMT 2004

Instead of using /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny use the "hosts allow"
and "interfaces" directive in the smb.conf.

I use (in smb.conf [global] section):

   hosts allow = 192.168.1.0/24 127.0.0.1

   interfaces=192.168.1.0/24 127.0.0.1/32

   (Replace with your internal network values)

To ensure that only my internal network has access to the samba service.

--
Paul Espinosa
pespinosa at sunflowerbroadband.com
IT Supervisor