[Samba] Linux Samba in multi-boot with W2k in a NT domain

Yves Martin yves.martin at elca.ch
Wed Jun 16 15:35:50 GMT 2004

    Hello,

 My PC is a multi-boot W2k and Linux with Samba in my company's
 domain.

 I would like to be able to share the same "machine account password"
 for both my w2k and my Samba server to avoid having to remove and
 insert my machine each time I change my OS running (or upgrading my
 Linux) because I'm not domain admin.

 Is it possible ? If yes, where and how should I get the "machine
 account password" from my W2K to use in Samba (and where to put it) ?

 Of course, I should be able to get which file to keep when upgrading
 a Linux or Samba from the answer to the previous question...

 Another question: which os level should I set to make my Samba
 "introduce itself" as a W2K workstation ? Is there other parameters
 to set to specific values ?

 Thank you in advance for your help
--
Yves Martin