[Samba] Samba consuming massive amounts of memory (CONT)

Holger Krull holger.krull at gmx.de
Wed Jun 16 14:54:10 GMT 2004

mbc at reisonline.com schrieb:

> 	That's exactly what I thought. However, when all of the memory is
> finally consumed, I can no longer copy files from the samba share to my
> Win2K box.

Now, that is a problem. Does this happen if i you only read from your
samba server or do the clients write to it?
And can you read from the file system shared with samba on the server
itself?
Would killing all samba processes help?

I'm just guessing here, but i assume that it's not samba but the
underlying file system that is causing the trouble. Somewhat provoked by
samba of course.