[Samba] Samba 3.0.4 BDC LDAP Slave Problem

Jason C. Waters jwaters at h2os.com
Wed Jun 16 12:50:44 GMT 2004

This is my setup, is something still wrong.

Samba PDC machine with LDAP
    IP: ldap.master
    nss mapped to local ldap server(ldap.master)
    samba ldapsam:"ldaps://ldap.server"

Samba BDC machine with LDAP, has openldap running locally for a backup
ldap server
    IP:  ldap.slave
    nss mapped to local ldap server(ldap.slave)
    samba ldapsam:"ldaps://ldap.master ldaps://ldap.slave"

This setup doesn't work for me.  But if I only use the local LDAP
servers on each machine it does, but that does seem like its a backup
server.  Am I just thinking about this in the wrong way? Thanks for your
help.

Jason