[Samba] Upgrade

Pablo Jejcic pablo.jejcic at smartweb.rgu.ac.uk
Wed Jun 16 09:37:43 GMT 2004

Hi people,
	I have a working server running beautifully, it does authentication for
unix/windows users, and share folders (including home areas) and printers,
with no problem, but it is Samba version 2.2.7a on a Solaris 8 machine...
So it has to go... 	I'm planning to upgrade the machine to Solaris 9 and
Samba 3.0.4, therefore, I have a few questions:

1) How do I transfer all the users with their passwords (if possible)
2) Can I have both servers running (Samba 2.2.7a and Samba 3.0.4) and force
the one I want to authenticate against? how?
3) Any special recommendation to compile on Solaris9 ? like
mtune/architecture optiones for configure?

Thanks a lor in advance!!

Pablo.-