[Samba] configure not detecting IRIX6

Philip Chambers P.A.Chambers at exeter.ac.uk
Tue Jun 15 15:41:37 GMT 2004

A couple of days ago I sent a message about trying to build 3.0.4 under IRIX6 and
having "make" fail because smbd/quota.h could not find <devnm.h>.  I got no
suggestions as to how to work out what the problem was.  I have now identified why
the problem arose and that moves me to the next problem!

configure is failing to detect that the OS is IRIX6.  include/config.h does not have
a #define for any OS.

Can someone suggest why configure is not setting up the OS on IRIX6?

Failing that, can someone point me to the part of configure where it should be
detecting IRIX6 as the OS?

Phil.