[Samba] Sage Production requires re-registration each day

Jason Windmill jwindmill at argus-it.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 12:42:25 GMT 2004

Hello everyone,

My client is running FreeBSD 5.0, Samba 2.28 and using Sage production 3.6.

I'm having a problem in that each day the company must re-enter the Sage
serial number to re-register the product. Having done this the package will
work correctly for the remainder of the day.

The Sage support team have informed me that this is caused by time settings
on the file "aclient.dbf" and directed me to this link
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/chapter/book/ch08_01.html

After adding the options below the problem remains.

Dos filetimes = yes

Dos filetime resolution = yes

Sage are not willing to modify their package as it doing exactly what it's
meant to, the issue is with the Windows emulation (Samba). However they are
willing to assist in resolving the problem because they have anther two
other clients in the same position.

I've previously posted this problem on "Experts Exchange" and got zero
comments backs.

Regards,

Jase