[Samba] which XP clients registry hacks are necessary now?

Scott Serr serrs at theserrs.net
Tue Jun 15 03:26:36 GMT 2004

Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

>>I've read alot of dated material about various registry hacks to make
>>various patch levels of XP Clients work.
>>

>NONE
>NONE
>NONE
>NONE
>NONE
>NONE
>NONE
>NONE
>NONE
>NONE
>NONE
>NONE
>
>Even Windows 2003 will merrily join a domain controlled by a recent version of
>Samba.  I know, I can show you one.
>
>It seems this issue of registry hacks is posted at least once a day - the
>answer is NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE,
>NONE.

Thanks, that clears it up.  (I should have looked closer at current posts.)

I seem to be getting "access denied" when logging in on my remote/server
profile, then it says It will use a local cached copy of my profiles.
It seems to be caused by a lingering connection to "homes" as I've
read.  Only when I logout/login I think, when I restart XP it doesn't
seem to have this problem.

Maybe this is the subject of an entirely different post, but I thought I
may need some registry hack.

Thanks,
-Scott