[Samba] Re: v3.0.4-5 (Debian Sid) not Samba 3.0.5 - Can't change password

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Mon Jun 14 21:51:09 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 16:51, Laurent CARON wrote:
> Greg Folkert wrote:
>

> >I had a very similar problem. My only fix I could actually find was to
> >completely remove all of the "generated" samba files (the .tbd files and
> >such) with samba and winbind not running. Then removing all the machine
> >accounts out of /etc/passwd, basically cleaning up to look just like
> >"just installed and never run yet"
> >
> >Then starting joining the machines again, then using a script to
> >generate the samba users from /etc/passwd... setting policies proper and
> >since then (two weeks ago) haven't had any problems.
> >

> Unfortunately it is a live environment
>
> I can't remove the accounts :(
Same deal here, neither could *I*. But twas the only solution. As 3.0.4
somehow didn't SIGHUP and rotatelogs on Sunday morning about a month
ago. Painful, Painful... I had to keep restarting SAMBA every 4-6 hours.
Actually stop and start it.

> I'll try on a test environment

I did too. Came to the same conclusion. Major bigtime suxxorz.
greg at gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup