[Samba] Problem Using Samba

Ken Valis valiskk at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 20:06:53 GMT 2004

I have a question I hope some one can help me out with. I have Samba 3.0.2
running on a Solaris 9 server. I am sharing a directory calle /support. I have
no problems mapping the drive from my laptop while in my office. My problem is
I cannot map the drive while VPNed in from home using my desktop PC. I am able
to map other Windows drives, but not this Samba shared drive. Here are some
specifics:

Samba server
Sun U60 running Solaris 9
[support]
   comment = Support file space
   path = /support
   read only = no
   public = yes
   create mode = 0750
   hosts allow = ALL

Samba clinet
Dell 4550 running XP
The error I keep getting is "this account is not authorized to log in from
this station”

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ken