[Samba] strange copy speed

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Mon Jun 14 10:09:39 GMT 2004

Hi,

I recently set up a Fedora Core 2 kernel 2.6.6-1.427, dell poweredge
1650, GBit Ethernet, SCSI 160 RAID 5 server with samba 3.0.3-5.

My Client is a Apple Powermac G5 with GBit ethernet.

If I copy files from the client to the server, my test 100 MB tooks
about 7 Sec.

To copy the directory back to the client tooks about 40 minutes!

To copy the files on the server from the client tooks also about 40 minutes!

To copy the files on the server beeing loged in by ssh tooks about 2 sec.

Anny ideas what could be wrong??

regards

götz
--