[Samba] Problems with Samba 3.0.4 and ADS

Austin, Ben ben.austin at capgemini.com
Mon Jun 14 08:07:08 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm am trying to compile Samba 3.0.4 with ADS suuport on solaris 8. I have
installed/compiled:

cyrus-sasl-1.5.28
db-4.2.52.NC
krb5-1.3.3
openldap-2.1.30
samba-3.0.4

To compile samba I ran:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/samba-3.0.4 --with-configdir=/var/samba/conf
--with-lockdir=/var/samba/lock --with-private
dir=/var/samba/private --with-swatdir=/var/samba/swat
--with-logfilebase=/var/samba/log --localstatedir=/var/run --sharedstate
dir=/var/run --with-syslog --with-utmp --with-acl-support
--with-krb5=/usr/local/krb5-1.3.3 --with-winbind --with-ads

This ran successfuly and I confirmed the following within config.log:

#define HAVE_KRB5 1
#define WITH_ADS 1
#define HAVE_LDAP_H 1

Though when I run net ads testjoin it returns "ADS support not compiled in"

Anyone got any ideas??

Ben

Our name has changed.  Please update your address book to the following format: "recipient at capgemini.com".