[Samba] File corruption

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Jun 14 06:02:23 GMT 2004

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 10:00:23PM -0500, Warren Odom wrote:
> Postscript to my last message:  I was hoping you could tell me if there ware
> a "Samba exerciser" program that would simulate this sort of file activity,
> and would report any errors along with the valuable information of which
> workstation caused the problem.  One or two of the archived threads I saw
> referred to some such software used by the Samba team--might this be
> available for others to test with?  Or would it not be applicable to a
> database environment?

There is smbtorture, but this is to determine protocol correctness,
and can simulate netbench tests. It doesn't simulate a multi-user db
environment (they're all different). All this software (smbtorture)
ships with the Samba source code. It's just not built by default
as it's not an end-user tool.

Jeremy