[Samba] Win XP can't join Domain with 3.0.4 and OpenLDAP

Nicole M. Elkevizth nelkevizth at neo.rr.com
Sat Jun 12 15:25:10 GMT 2004

I have a samba server setup as a PDC and a LDAP back-end. When I try to
join the domain I receive a "Permission Denied" error. From the best of
my knowledge it appears that the problem is the authentication for the
administrator being able to join a Workstation to the Domain. The
administrator is set up in the "Domain Admins" group (512) and the group
is mapped to the root group in Linux. Any ideas on possible setup
problems? Thanks.