[Samba] Samba 3.0.4 BDC LDAP Slave Problem

Jason C. Waters jwaters at h2os.com
Sat Jun 12 02:06:36 GMT 2004

I've configured samba 3.0.4 with LDAP as the backend.  I've configured
samba to use the ldap directory, which works fine, my problem is when I
add two two servers into the smb.conf file it sees the first(master)
ldap server, but if I bring that server down it takes forever for it to
switch to the slave ldap server.  If I place just a single ldap server,
master or slave, into the smb.conf it works fine.  I read somewhere
about a patch? Is this the case?  These are the values that I've entered
into the smb.conf
    passdb backend = ldapsam:ldaps://ldap.masterserver.com   - this works
    passdb backend = ldapsam:ldaps://ldap.slaveserver.com   - this works
    passdb backend = ldapsam:ldaps://ldap.masterserver.com
ldaps://ldap.slaveserver.com   - this does not work
    passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldaps://ldap.masterserver.com
ldaps://ldap.slaveserver.com"   - this does not work
    passdb backend = ldapsam:ldaps://ldap.masterserver.com
ldapsam:ldaps://ldap.slaveserver.com   - this does not work

If anyone has gotten this to work with 3.0.4, I would love a peek at
your smb.conf.  Thanks for any help!