[Samba] logon.bat: switching from smbpasswd to tdbsam

abebe lsslp peaceofcrap2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 23:23:52 GMT 2004

Hey,
I have a fedora core 1 machine with samba 3 PDC. I switched the password backend ('passdb' ) from 'smbpasswd' to 'tdbsam'. The problem is that my win 98 machine stop mapping my home directory. I swtiched back to 'smbpasswd' and it works fine. 'net time \\server /set /yes' and 'net use p: \\server\apps' work perfectly.

My logon.bat contains the following:
   net time \\server /set /yes
   net use h: /home
   net use p: \\server\apps

Out of curiosity, does anybody know why? I am moving to 'ldapsam' pretty soon, so I don't have to be concered with this.

Thanks!

Ambex

PS: I have also tried 'net use h: \\server\home'. It doesn't work.