[Samba] password expiry message - RESOLVED

McKeever Chris tech-mail at prupref.com
Fri Jun 11 18:51:00 GMT 2004

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:55 , Adam Tauno WIlliams <adam at morrison-ind.com> sent:

>> RECAP -
>> samba controlled domain (2.2.8a) with an LDAP backend.
>> Everything was working snazzy, till I changed my password yesterday.  Now when I log in (win2k server sp4) I get the password will expire
>> today message.
>
>We always had the same issue under 2.2.x.  It supports password aging,
>force change (sort of), etc... but doesn't actually update all the
>attributes.  Set the pwdMustChange to some ridiculous value in the
>future and, as I recall, the message will go away.

Adam - perfect - I added to the password change to change the pwdMustChange value and the message went away -
what is strange that it was set to 0, which I would have thought was 'no expiry" = well that was a lot of time put into fixing that..thank you

>Update to 3.0.x where this stuff actually works.

Chris McKeever
If you want to reply directly to me, please use cgmckeever--at--prupref---dot---com
<A href="http://www.prupref.com">Real Estate</A>
<A href="http://www.prupref.com">Online Home Search</A>

---- Prudential Preferred Properties   www.prupref.com
Success Driven By Results