[Samba] password expiry message -

Adam Tauno WIlliams adam at morrison-ind.com
Fri Jun 11 17:55:00 GMT 2004

> RECAP -
> samba controlled domain (2.2.8a) with an LDAP backend.
> Everything was working snazzy, till I changed my password yesterday.  Now when I log in (win2k server sp4) I get the password will expire
> today message.

We always had the same issue under 2.2.x.  It supports password aging,
force change (sort of), etc... but doesn't actually update all the
attributes.  Set the pwdMustChange to some ridiculous value in the
future and, as I recall, the message will go away.

Update to 3.0.x where this stuff actually works.