[Samba] smbldap - backup

McKeever Chris tech-mail at prupref.com
Fri Jun 11 01:33:09 GMT 2004

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:54 , System User <efortin at fs01.cyberspicace.com> sent:

>Hi,
>
>I'm wondering what is the best option to backup the ldap backend of my
>samba server without having to bring ldap offline?  Until now, I didn't
>find a lot of documentation about best practices on this subject.
>
>Does anybody here have a suggestion?

someone else pointed this out - replication.  It works great, and gives you a real time snapshot.

>Thank you.
>

>Etienne-Hugues Fortin
>--

Chris McKeever
If you want to reply directly to me, please use cgmckeever--at--prupref---dot---com
<A href="http://www.prupref.com">www.prupref.com</A>
Prudential Preferred Properties
<A href="http://www.prupref.com">Chicago and Illinois NorthShore Real Estate Experts</A>

---- Prudential Preferred Properties   www.prupref.com