[Samba] And the LDIF thing

ww m-pubsyssamba pubsyssamba at bbc.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 17:21:19 GMT 2004

Hi Josh,

	I have sympathy for your position, I have been through the same exersize myself. I used SunONE
LDAP server so can't provide you a how to from that.
First thing I would say is if you want to achieve a central idmap database then, as you know, the
only currently supported way to do this is with LDAP. LDAP is not a trivial thing to deal with and
if you go down this route you really need to accept it'll take time and effort to get something
you understand properly (to provide a robust solution). I think the dev guys are looking at
alternatives as many people have complained that being forced to use LDAP isn't ideal, but until
then...

Most of your config looks fine from a Samba point of view, with regards creating your OU (which of
course must exist or nothing will work). But I can't say I've come across structrualObjectClass before
have you tried adding an object without like:

dn: ou=Idmap,dc=softeng,dc=com
objectClass: organizationalUnit

??

		cheers Andy.

BBCi at http://www.bbc.co.uk/

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically
stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in
reliance on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.