[Samba] Clustered Samba print shares

Tim timrussell at rocketmail.com
Thu Jun 10 02:40:10 GMT 2004

I hope someone can shed some light on this. I've posted this before but I'm
still looking for an answer.

Basically, I'm looking for help in configuring Samba 3.02a in an active/passive
cluster (failover).

Currently I have two nodes running Solaris 8. Only one is active at a time. The
active node is running Samba. It's netbios name is printserver1. Printerserver1
is also DNS name of the virtual IP that I failover between nodes. I added this
node to our NT 4.0 domain and all is well. The print spool directory is a
shared disk that is also failed over between nodes.

The failover process itself (using VCS) works fine and is fairly quick.
However, I currently have the second nodes Netbios name set to Printerserver2.
This was because I ran into issues trying to use the same name as the other
node. At one point, I tried coping over the secrets.tdb file from
Printerserver1 to Printerserver2 and then failing over the cluster. This didn't
work either (bad secret when running wbinfo -t).

What am I missing? Seems like some of you have had success with this?

Thanks,
Tim