[Samba] smbldap - backup

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Wed Jun 9 18:01:25 GMT 2004

Really more of an openldap question... however

You can do 'slapcat' from the command line of your ldap box and it will
output the data in an ldif format.  Redirect that into a file for
backing up.  You would probably want to get your openldap configuration
directory (typically /etc/openldap on linux servers where you didn't
compile from source).  If you ever needed to restore from that file you
pipe it into a slapadd command and you're done restoring.

--
Paul Gienger                     Office:		701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.         Cell:			701-306-6254