[Samba] Samba just Slow with AutoCad?

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Wed Jun 9 17:50:14 GMT 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 10:18:22AM -0600, Brian Merrell wrote:

> > I tried timing the time it takes to save.  It takes the older machine
> about
> > 1.25 seconds
> > to save a 606KB drawing and it takes ~3 seconds for the new "fancy"
> machine.
> >
> > Could this be due to ReiserFS?

In my experience, and by every benchmark measure I've seen so far,
ReiserFS performance is far superior to ext3.  The problem I mentioned
that gets fixed with nolargeio option is a bizare abnomally.
Reportedly, it affects older versions of Kmail and the Linux version
of NeverWinter Nights.  I thought it would be worth trying.

Since that was obviously not the problem, I'll let the real Samba
experts take back the floor :)