[Samba] Samba just Slow with AutoCad?

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Wed Jun 9 13:56:35 GMT 2004

Hi.

Does your new system use ReiserFS?

When these ~20 second delays happen, can you see if there's a spike of
System CPU time useage on the server?

I've not heard of it happening over a network share, but some "poorly
behaved" applications can trigger a 'feature', (actually, a
performance optimization) with ReiserFS on Newer (2.6) kernels that
will make the kernel spin it's wheels for a number of seconds.  If
this might be the case for you, you can disable it by mounting a
ReiserFS volume with a nolargeio=1 option.  (If you want to test this,
it appears to to be safe to remount.  That is, mount /home -o
remount,nolargeio=1 As an example.)