[Samba] SAMBA and LDAP Schema's

ww m-pubsyssamba pubsyssamba at bbc.co.uk
Wed Jun 9 11:04:54 GMT 2004

Not hit and miss! there are complete listings of all schema changes needed in the source code for each
release of Samba 3.0 (not sure if this has been static since 3 was released). There are files formatted
for OpenLDAP and SunONE LDAP (in the examples directory), you should be able to derive all the info you
need from these for any other LDAP server you wish to use,

	thanks Andy.

Hi there!

I am wanting to get hold of a list of the various schema settings for
Samba as a PDC with an LDAP backend database.

I need a break down of all the object classes, the attributes and which of
the attributes are required/optional.

I have taken some of my information from:
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/howto/passdb.html#id2532816 under the
section on LDAPSAM

I have been able to get my system to the point that I can browse the
network, open the machine and view the shares.  I am then able to log in
when I am prompted for a password.  The problem that I have is that I
cannot get a windows machine to join the domain.

I am using IBM/Lotus Domino Server as my LDAP server.  I have had to
extent the schema to cater for what I think is required.  However, it has
been a bit hit and miss.

Regards

Vaughan Rivett