[Samba] detailed file permissions

Hamish captainmish at gmx.net
Wed Jun 9 10:12:59 GMT 2004

We have samba 3.0.3  using posix acls, it does not seem to allow the
same functionality of nt acls though - they do map to the nt security
dialog which is useful, but only using combinations of rwx. I do not
think it is possible to set explicit delete permissions with posix acls.
I would be very interested if you find a solution to the (create new but
not delete old) issue!