[Samba] SAMBA and LDAP Schema's

Vaughan Rivett vrivett at wadzi.biz
Wed Jun 9 08:35:03 GMT 2004

Hi there!

I am wanting to get hold of a list of the various schema settings for
Samba as a PDC with an LDAP backend database.

I need a break down of all the object classes, the attributes and which of
the attributes are required/optional.

I have taken some of my information from:
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/howto/passdb.html#id2532816 under the
section on LDAPSAM

I have been able to get my system to the point that I can browse the
network, open the machine and view the shares.  I am then able to log in
when I am prompted for a password.  The problem that I have is that I
cannot get a windows machine to join the domain.

I am using IBM/Lotus Domino Server as my LDAP server.  I have had to
extent the schema to cater for what I think is required.  However, it has
been a bit hit and miss.

Regards

Vaughan Rivett
http://www.wadzi.biz