[Samba] XP Joining domain

Derek Harkness dharknes at umd.umich.edu
Tue Jun 8 16:01:32 GMT 2004

Okay more information...

XP can join my Samba 2.2 domain without any trouble.  But with my Samba
3.0.4 PDC it join but it puts all Xs in the password file and the
account is disabled.  I've turned the log level up but don't see any
blatant error messages.

I'm not sure if this is a related problem but when I copied the
smbpasswd file from my Samba 2.2 PDC to the 3.0.4 PDC, samba started
disabling accounts when users logged in.  Again all Xs in the password
file and a D flag to disable the account.  Why would it be disabling
accounts?

Thanks,
Derek