[Samba] uid and gid problems with linux as client and server

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Tue Jun 8 15:23:11 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm using samba 3.0.4 (stock debian packages) as a client and a server.
The problem is I have a different uid on server (1001) to my client
(1000) so when I try and access a file I appear to the client as not
being the owner. I have tried the uid and gid options in smbmount, but
they do not seem to have any affect (I assume the unix cifs extensions
are overiding them).

On the server side I have a create mask and a directory mask of 775 but
this also has no affect.

This is driving me spare! Is there any way to disable the unix cifs
extensions or to map between uids?

Thanks,

Laurence