[Samba] Weird Domain listings

Paul Espinosa pespinosa at sunflowerbroadband.com
Tue Jun 8 15:38:13 GMT 2004

I'm having an issue with my samba Domains.  When I browse to Microsoft
Windows Network with either Windows 2000 or WinXP I see two copies of the
Domain.  I see the proper domain (I'm using Matrix for testing) "Matrix" and
I see another "Matrix      " that appears to have 5 or 6 spaces or a tab
appended onto the end.  The domain w/o the spaces is the proper one, the one
with the spaces doesn't contain any servers or workstation.

This seems to have started after upgrading to samba 3.0.4.

Has anyone seen this before?  And if so what's the solution to this, I don't
want my users to get confused.

Thanks,

Paul Espinosa

I'm using samba 3.0.4-1 and here is the relevant portion of my smb.conf:

#======================= Global Settings

[global]

   #============== Services ================================
   wins support = no