[Samba] Re: Windows 2003 accessing samba

David Kennel dkennel at wilcoxpress.com
Tue Jun 8 12:41:48 GMT 2004

I am having a similar problem with Windows 2000 and 2003 machines.
I have multiple Samba servers. Those based on RH or Mandrake with samba 2.2
work fine with 2K and 2K3. A new gentoo box with 3.0.2 does not. NT4
machines can connect fine but 2K and 2K3 cannot.

2000 gives the following errors:

Using NET VIEW - System error 64 has occurred. The specified network name is
no longer available.

Using Map Network Drive - The mapped network drive could not be created
because the following error has occurred: The specified network name is no
longer available.

When attempts to connect are made the following entry is made in the system
log:

Source: MRxSmb  Event ID: 3036
The redirector detected a security signature mismatch. The connection has
been disconnected.

Anybody have any ideas as to what is happening here? I spent some quality
time with Google and couldn't turn up anything useful.

Thanks

Dave K.