[Samba] Clients can find printer when

Steve Cohen stevecoh1 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 6 04:41:05 GMT 2004

Thanks, Chris:

I tried your suggestions both here and in your other email about getting rid
of the Hosts Allow (which was really just something I'd tried earlier and not
something I needed).  While they appear to have gotten me further they've not
gotten me all the way there yet.

Now, when I try to print a document from Windows, it goes through all the
pages (spooling, I think) but then an error message pops up indicating that
it failed to print (and of course no print comes out).  It won't tell me WHY
it failed to print, just that it failed.  (This is more feedback than I got
before, so it's a step forward).

I do notice that my log.nmbd file contains these messages:

[2004/06/05 23:05:26, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:find_domain_master_name_query_fail(358)
  find_domain_master_name_query_fail:
  Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name DARROW335<1b> for the
workgroup DARROW335.
  Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup.

I get these messages whether the Linux box is or is not the Domain Master
Browser.  And I find no configurability of Domain Master Browser at all on
the XP side.

These messages appear every fifteen minutes and are independent of any attempt
to print.  None of the other samba logs describe an attempt to print, and
there is nothing in the XP event viewer logs either

Very frustrating.