[Samba] add user script for srvtools

Thomas May thomas.may at x9media.com
Sat Jun 5 07:54:41 GMT 2004

Hi,

i want to use the usermanager from srvtools to manage the samba/unix user.

Because samba needs a unix user before I can add a samba user, I try to use
the

add user script option in smb.conf like this

add user script = /usr/sbin/pw useradd %u

I got the following errors:

bamp_home# pdbedit -a -u willi

could not create account to add new user willi

bamp_home# smbpasswd -a willi

New SMB password:

Retype new SMB password:

Failed to initialise SAM_ACCOUNT for user willi.

Failed to modify password entry for user willi

Has someone an idea ?

iam using freebsd 5.2.1 and samba 3.04 and the free srvtools from ms

---