[Samba] samba 3.0.4 and AD authentication

Vahid vahid at CcKeeper.Com
Sat Jun 5 04:07:42 GMT 2004

Hi,
I installed MIT krberos, latest version
BerkeleyDB version 4.2.52
OpenLDAP version 2.1.30
and SAMBA 3.0.4 with the following options:
./configure --with-ldap --with-ads --with-winbind --with-krb5 --with-pam
--with-pam_smbpass
I am trying to authenticate against our win2k AD but I can't seem to be
able to get a list of users in AD by "wbinfo -u," it only shows the
users in our PDC.
Is there a set of config files for kerberos, openldap and samba so I can
follow?
Does the above combibation work with AD at all?
[global]
log level = 9
workgroup = ADDOMAIN
domain master = No

#auth methods = winbind
netbios name = WARP
server string = WARP AD Test
wins server = 192.168.1.1
name resolve order = wins host bcast lmhosts
dns proxy = No

# winbind configuration
#winbind separator = +
winbind use default domain = yes
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
template homedir = /u/%U
template shell = /bin/ksh

# Activie directory joining
#ads server = 192.168.1.1
security = ads
encrypt passwords = yes
password server = *
realm = ADDOMAIN.COM

# ldap configuration
ldap suffix = dc=addomain,dc=com
ldap machine suffix = dc=addomain,dc=com
ldap user suffix = dc=addomain,dc=com
ldap group suffix = dc=addomain,dc=com
#ldap idmap suffix = ou=idmap,dc=uk,dc=trt,dc=thales
#ldap admin dn = cn=root,dc=uk,dc=trt,dc=thales
idmap backend = ldap:ldap://fpntpdc01

Thank you for your help,
Vahid.