[Samba] roaming profil problem

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Sat Jun 5 01:48:55 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 12:31, Fabrice Tereszkiewicz wrote:
> It didn't work. A user without local administrator's rights can't use
> his old roaming profile. I've changed the samba SID to fit with the one
> in the NTUSER.dat file, didn't work anymore.
>
> any other ideas ?

I have fixed it by using UNIX perms as well.

chown -R username.sambadomainadmingroup /dir/where/profiles/are/username

chomd -R 750 /dir/where/profiles/are/username

That usually takes care of it also. Did and does for me. The
samdadomainadmingroup is the group that is the equiv of the NT
domain-admins.
greg at gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup