[Samba] samba with acl support as member auf a samba controlled domain?

"Dr. Hansjörg Maurer" hansjoerg.maurer at itsd.de
Fri Jun 4 20:23:11 GMT 2004

Hi

I am running a Samba PDC and a Samba member server in his domain.
The member server acts as a file server with unix acl's working.

Is it possible to get these acl's working under samba to?

The docs seem to say, that acl's are only possible if samba is a
memberserver in an NT-Domain using winbind.

In my case the PDC acts as a LDAP Server and the Member server is gets
the unix account information from Ldap.

I am running samba 3.0.4 and had no sucesse with this setup.
The windows client shows acls not as for the domain\user but for the
memberserver\user

Here is my smb.conf

[global]
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m