[Samba] LDAP authentication.

William C. Mount Mount_William_C at cat.com
Fri Jun 4 18:04:43 GMT 2004

Samba Folks,
  Here's my situation....

I have a linux system, Redhat ES3, Samba 3.0.2.  I have the linux box
configured to use LDAP authentication to our Corporate LDAP servers, which
are Sun I believe.  What I need to do now, is setup Samba to use NTLM2, and
hit the LDAP server for authentication.  I've been working on this for a
couple of days now and can't seem to get anywhere.   I can get it to work
with encrypted passwords turned off and ntlm2 off.  But that will violate
our corporate security policies.  Any help would be great.

Thanks,
William C. Mount RHCE
Webserver Operations
Global IT Solutions