[Samba] (no subject)

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jun 4 17:22:46 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 09:03, mconnor at reisonline.com wrote:
> >When performing an upgrade of Red Hat 2.1 AS to Red Hat 3 ES Samba fail to
> start
> >due of missing libssl.so.2 and libcrypt.so.2 libraries that has been
> deleted
> >during upgrade process. We restored files from backup but winbind still
> fail
> >to starting.
>
> Radu,
>
> 	First, it's very scary that you're using RedHat 3. That could be a
> source of many problems. ;) Anyway, what error(s) is winbind giving you when
> it fails to start? Anything in the syslog?
----
just for the record - I have had virtually no problems with several RHEL
AS 3 systems.

For the solution, it would seem that the thing to do is to either remove
your samba installation on RHEL 3 and reinstall, either from source or
from their up2date/rpm mechanism...

rpm -qa|grep samba
samba-3.0.2-6.3E
redhat-config-samba-1.0.16-1