[Samba] Problem with VFS audit and recycle

William R. Knox wknox at mitre.org
Fri Jun 4 16:36:02 GMT 2004

OK, I have not heard from anyone in the last week who is using vfs objects
on Solaris 8. I have also recompiled my Samba 3.0.4 build and seen no
errors during the course of the build related to the vfs modules or to the
object in question (nss_files_netgroup_constr). The object does not exist
in any Solaris library under /usr/lib or any other location where I have
installed libraries. Does anyone have any suggestions at this point as to
what to try out next? I would be happy to attach my config.log or the
output of the build process or anything else someone may want, but don't
want to clutter the list with junk, so I won't attach it unless someone
thinks it may be useful.

Again, as I would love to find out if it appears to be something with my
fairly vanilla system setup, anyone who has VFS working under Samba on
Solaris 8, please do let me know. Thanks.

			Bill Knox
			Lead Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
			The MITRE Corporation