[Samba] Locked files stay locked - copy operation from XP to Samba fails - FIXED

Bart van Dijck samba at vandijck.demon.nl
Fri Jun 4 08:01:57 GMT 2004

Hi,

After trying too long I fixed the problem below by reverting to the old
3c905 NIC. Problem solved but not understood.

I had a similar 3c2000 NIC in another Samba server and it also failed to
copy a large amount (5000+) of files. So that's two completely servers
(hardware and Samba / Slackware version) having the same problem with any
number of different clients. I couldn't imagine that there is a direct
relationship somehow between the NIC and Samba, but at the moment that seems
to be the only explanation.

However: case closed.

Bart van Dijck

--