[Samba] 2GB file limit

Ryan Hatch spam at leadership-solutions.net
Fri Jun 4 02:08:28 GMT 2004

I have been having some trouble getting smbclient to write big file (larger
than 2GB) files on an NTFS volume.

I have mounted my volume with the following command:

mount -t smbfs -o username="User" password="asdf" //192.168.0.2/e$
/servermount/e_drive

I am using Fedora Core 1, and I have found a little chatter while googling
regarding the smbfs implementation in the 2.4 kernel.  What is the status?
Is this a limitation of samba or of the 2.4 kernel?  Does the 2.6 kernel fix
this issue?

Thank you,

Ryan