[Samba] Samba problem on HP-UX

eric roseme eroseme at emonster.rose.hp.com
Thu Jun 3 17:19:02 GMT 2004

You probably have the default HP-UX kernal values for nfiles and
nflocks. You need to increase these for connecting more than 10 users.
Here are formulas:

nflocks
(10*maximum smbd)+(other apps + system)
example 1000 connected clients and baseline NFS system
(10*1000)+(2048) = 12048
nfile
((23+opens_per_smbd)*maximum smbd)+(other apps+system))
example 1000 connected clients and baseline NFS system
((23+7)*1000)+(8192)=38192

Eric Roseme
Hewlett-Packard