[Samba] smbldap-populate under debian woody fail

Marc Remolt m.remolt at webmasters.de
Thu Jun 3 13:50:02 GMT 2004

I really hate Debian sometimes - no I don't want to start a flame war!
In the smbldap-populate script (0.84) some of the template entries are
commented out, the first one being the one after "cn=Domain Guests".
Obviously the perl version shipped with woody chokes on the commented
parts, which causes the script to die. After uncommenting all the
templates the script runs perfectly.
Why are they commented in the first place, if I may ask?

You tip was quite helpful, the ldif was generated correctly and so I
first saw the commented entries and could make the connection - thanks.

Marc