[Samba] little bit OT: Profile for new domain user

Uwe Bering edv at lwv-friedberg.de
Thu Jun 3 08:03:22 GMT 2004

Hi there,

SuSE 8.2 Prof.+Samba 3.0.3 / WinXP Prof clients:

I made a script to create new users (creates homedir, sets
permissions, creates personalized logon-batch, creates smbpasswd and
something more).

When the new user logs in for the first time from the client-machine
(domain-logon, only domain-users, no local users), he gets default
profile with the xp-style menus and so on.

I tried to copy a profile from the local machine to
'/home/netlogon/default user', but it doesn't work.

Can I provide a default profile with predifined settings for any new
domain user?
How do I create it?
Where to place?
Anything to do to activate?