[Samba] 2 passwords when loging from Windows 98 to samba PDC

Shawn Henderson shawn at techcoms.net
Thu Jun 3 03:03:32 GMT 2004

There is a way to do this .....
You can edit the policies using poledit. You can set that no one can log on
to the computers unless authenticated by a server. Here are a few resources
for you to read..
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/98/all/reskit/en-us/part2/wrkc08.mspx

http://www.zisman.ca/poledit/

I have done this many times its almost like xp or w2k standard network
settings.. But you will have to write a login script to get the win98 to map
to the home folder manually.
Let me know if you need help.