[Samba] problem with kerberos

Sahibzada Junaid Noor sjunaidn at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 2 23:15:57 GMT 2004

Hi every one

  ok i have figured out where my settings for local
logins get messed up.

i installed a fresh red hat 9 . i dowloaded the latest
kerberos packages and after installing them and
running this command i have

[root at NIIT158 junaid]# rpm -qa |grep krb
krb5-libs-1.2.7-14
krb5-workstation-1.2.7-14
krbafs-1.1.1-9
krbafs-devel-1.1.1-9
pam_krb5-1.60-1
krb5-devel-1.2.7-10

ok now i havent installed samba. i havent touched
pam.d. remember i just did a fresh installation.

and when i try to login through my vsftp server this
is the error it gives me

[root at NIIT158 junaid]# ftp localhost
Connected to NIIT158.
220 (vsFTPd 1.1.3)
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type

although it accepts the user and password but this was
not case earlier on before i installed this krb5
-workstation. after the fresh install the workstation
package of kerberos was missing so i downloaded it and
then installed it after upgrading the libs package.

right now there is only an error but i would like to
solve it before i can move on to more complex
problems.

can any one tell me why is this error coming up.

last time i didnt pay attention to this error all
local users were unable to logon to the machine
remotely or locally except for the root.

=====

  Sahibzada Junaid Noor
  Ph   #  (+92) (051) 5950 940
  Cell #   (+92) (0333) 5223586
  Qazi plaza,Third Floor,Commerical Market,Chaklala Scheme 3,
  Rawalpindi
  Islamic Republic of Pakistan