[Samba] samba-vscan vfs module and nai av

Estevam Viragh Junior estevam.viragh at sitelbrasil.com.br
Wed Jun 2 13:36:00 GMT 2004

Hello List,

    I'm struggling to install samba-vscan with nai uvscan backend, hope
somebody could help me...

    So far, I could compile vscan-mcdaemon module and also insert the
correct vfs object on my smb.conf, like this:

    vfs object = vscan-mcdaemon
    vscan-mcdaemon: config-file = /etc/samba/vscan-mcdaemon.conf

    I also checked that make install copied vscan-mcdaemon.so to
/usr/lib/samba/vfs directory.

    In the other hand, I succesfully installed the uvscan package on
/usr/local/uvscan...

    But, as it is not working (I'm copying infected files to the related
share), the question is:
    How to tell vscan-mcdaemon to use uvscan ?!?!

    I saw on vscan-mcdaemon.conf the it would try to connect to uvscan via
sockets (localhost:8128), but how ? uvscan is only called b command line,
isn't it?

    TIA

[]'s,
EVJ