[Samba] Unable to execute program from smbldap-passwd.pl om samba 3.0.4

zergio zergio at isma.kharkov.ua
Wed Jun 2 13:21:59 GMT 2004

Hello!
Recently I've migrated from samba 2.2.8a to 3.0.4. I use ldap as user
database backend.
To synchronize unix password the smbldap-passwd.pl script is used. But I
need to sync virtual mail passwords as well.
That is why I added to the script few lines of code. Mainly I call
external programs.
The code is like this:
system("/etc/cron.hourly/sqwebmail-cron-cleancache");

When I run smbldap-passwd.pl script from command line it works just
fine, however when samba calls it, unix and samba passwords got changed.
But my code, which I added, looks like never been called at all.
samba 2.2.8a worked fine.
I suspect the samba restrict execution of external programs by passwd
program. If it so, is there any workaround?

Thank you in advance.