[Samba] Printer accounting/quota ?

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Wed Jun 2 10:21:06 GMT 2004

Hi,

"Shannon Johnson" <sjohnson at engr.psu.edu> wrote in message news:<22nqY-3wR-17 at gated-at.bofh.it>...
> I'd look into PrintBill. It's very similar to PyKota, but I found it
> worked better in my situation. Both are good solutions though. I just
> found PrintBill was a little easier to install and configure.

Recent versions of PyKota now plug into CUPS in Point&Click mode
directly from CUPS' web interface (with CUPS >1.1.14, else manual
configuration can always be done of course).

Also I've greatly reduced configuration complexity by removing
directives which weren't needed anymore, while at the same time
improving speed, stability and enhancing possibilities.

For CUPS, in my not so humble opinion, PyKota is now the way to go.

For LPRng, however, PrintBill is still better, and has a more complete
web interface. PyKota doesn't natively support ink coverage accounting,
but I think this could be done by writing a small "smart" plugin.
NB : the latest CVS versions of PyKota don't support LPRng anymore,
because LPRng support will be completely rewritten real soon now.

bye, and thanks for your comments

Jerome Alet

--
"Ni dieu ! Ni Maitre ?" - Me.