[Samba] Directory listing delay with WinXP and IPtables

Jason Gray jgray at bardel.ca
Tue Jun 1 17:10:04 GMT 2004

I have made a change to my samba servers by placing smb port = 139.  The
effect I was trying to stop was a transport end point connect log error.
This did stop the log error but I noticed zero difference in the behaviour
on my win XP boxes.  I have 120 XP, 10 win2k boxes 5 samba servers plus 2
samba servers as a clustered PDC on the network.  I have read on groups
else-where that if you stop port 445 on the PDC the XP boxes won't be able
to communicate with the non-pdc samba servers.  I haven't tried to stop port
445 on the PDC to see if this is the case.

Jason